.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Bad Picture of Good (decent) Yarn



This is some handspun merino I had hanging around the house. It was alot of fun to spin and the dye job was beautiful! Sadly, it is not a photogenic yarn-a bit shy maybe. But I took it outside, inside, it just could not be pleased. As punishment, it is being knit into a plain garter-stitch scarf.

The colors really just don't show up like they should here. The teal looks grey, and the fuschia kind of turned maroon-ish. Blah! Still, it is yet more photographic evidence that I AM knitting on some things (however slow it may be).
Later today, I plan to work on a baby cardigan that has been in progress since about one day after a certain family member revealed that they are expecting. Man! Isn't it fortunate that those things take nine months to make! Yeah, granted the tiny cardi may take longer than that, but I'm knitting it in a bigger size, so it should still fit by the youngster's second birthday. (I hope)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home