.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Friday, December 16, 2005

Caution-Disaster Area

You can put pictures of my office together with some of the office buildings that suffered damage in Hurricane Katrina, and you might not be able to tell which disaster was natural and which was man-made. There will be a new sign in front of our building on Monday and we all have nice new name tags and such, but until yesterday (our last day before the official changeover) it didn't really dawn on me what we'd do with all of our old stuff. And when I say old, I mean OLD-like paper work from 1977. I could see keeping yarn that long, but paper? And it wasn't even a pattern or anything good, just some old legal banky crap. So there's some major house-cleaning going on at work. What am I doing at home to counteract all that? I'm knitting of course. Not knitting anything with any real intent to complete it, just kind of keeping occupied for now until things settle down at work and I can get down to the business of (maybe) finishing a Christmas gift. Or two? Don't push your luck.

Yikes! I just realized that the mess in my office from last night will be waiting on me when I get there! EEEEEEK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home