.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Weekday Knitting-or not


Not that I'm a slacker when it comes to knitting, but as disappointing as my weekend knit time was, weekdays are so much worse. There has been progress, just not so much that you'd say "Oh my, why you're almost done with that whatwereyouknitting!" But I did make myself take a picture so that I can note my lack of progress and shame myself into sticking with this one project to completion. near completion. a few more inches. a little.



Okay, I'll make an honest effort not to start anything else until it's done. Well, geez, if you have to be picky about it, YES, I did make a guage swatch for a Kepler sweater this evening, but it's not like I'm actually going to start on it-cables aren't my thing. Not because I have anything against cables, they really look neat, I just don't have the whatever you need to be able to do cables ( and I don't mean cable needles either). Oh, I may have a brief fling with an old project that I'd like to see finished before cool weather, but it'll pass. Afterall, it's just a sleeveless shell, and this is Birch. How can acrylic and cotton compare to my beloved (at the moment) alpaca? And a plain straight stitch over tedious lace? No, of course not. Well, not for long anyway, I mean how long could a sleeveless sweater take anyway? Right, and I'm already planning my next shawl. I've got to get a handle on this. Chosen yarn for next Birch patterned shawl? Alpaca of course!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home