.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Sunday, December 18, 2005

What Christmas Knitting?

I claim teminal forgetfulness. And I never actually PROMISED anybody anything knitted as a Christmas gift anyway. Oh, yeah, I did. Okay, so I'm a procrastinator AND a liar. I can live with that.

I have this:

These are cute little crocheted squares about 2"x2" and the ones I've already joined together look like this:







I've been making a few of these here and there for about a year now. They're really easy and maybe 'One Day' there will be enough of them to be a tablecloth or a bedspread. I'll settle for a little shoulder wrap though.

So, there's not any knitting progress on the shawl-I expected that, so no suprise there. The socks, er, sock is coming along pretty well, but 1x1 ribbing in black is just so boring! If these were for somebody else, I might just make one and give it to them with some candy in it or something and call it a stocking. But I really, really wanted some plain solid black socks for myself, so I will suffer through the boredom and finish them, eventually.

I don't expect to get much knitting done during the next week either. Maybe I can roll up a tiny ball of wool to keep in my pocket to rub on when the stress gets to me. And a couple of #1 dpns just in case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home