.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Sunday, June 25, 2006

And Then There Was Yarn

The weekend really started off quite sucky. That Tot got up pretty early Saturday morning, as usual. And with a wet hiney. No big suprise there. The big suprise came when the Husband got up to take care of the wet butt and discovered that we also had a wet spare bedroom. How is it that a 40 gallon water heater decides to let go and you get 50 gallons of water on the floor? At least 50. I like to wake up and have a little coffee and maybe spend some quality time with the yarn while the Tot has breakfast with Dora. I definitely don't like to spend half the day vacuuming water out of the carpet. Oh, and I keep my yarn back there too. And the computer. Yeah, state of emergency in the Tucker household. And we've had terriffic thunderstorms the past two days. As if there wasn't enough water around here! Oaky, so that little 'crisis' has been taken care of and the new water heater installed by my very own husband (I'm so proud! I didn't know he could do that and not get electrocuted.)

So there wasn't much quality time to be spent with the yarn. But I did manage to get in a few stitches.

You can tell where I didn't do enough knit rows in between a couple of the pattern repeats. Like I'm going to rip that back and re-do it. It took too long to get that much done!

There was also progress on the sock. Not so much that you'd notice, but I'm not far from where I'll start the heel flap.


I'm kind of ready to be done with these. Not that I don't like knitting them, and the Lorna's Laces is lovely stuff. I'm just ready to start something else!

Oh, and just so nobody gets the idea that the weekend is all about me and the yarn.


Trust me, the Tot gets plenty of action. Don't mind the cast off life vest. We're actually on a little bank here. In fact, prior to my dad catching the fish and letting her reel it in, she was very content playin' in the wet sand. And so the weekend wasn't all bad now. Was it?

There is a funny smell coming from the spare room that needs to be dealt with though........

3 Comments:

At 28/6/06 2:37 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! I followed a link where you were on my blog, blah, blah, blah...and the lake pictures looked sooo familiar that I thought, dang! that looks like Caney (as if), then I see that you are from....oh my goodness...Farmerville! I'm in Jonesboro (hence Caney) and work in Monroe.
I didn't think there was another knitter anywhere around this place! I'm so excited! (and a little too emphatic...sorry!)
Anyway, I love your pics of the WIPs!

 
At 29/6/06 5:58 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I couldn't find your e-mail, so I guess I'll have to leave you a comment again.
You know I have to ask...does your mom still have relatives in Jonesboro? I might know them!
So, I assume you live on D'Arbonne? (I probably didn't spell that right) We live on Caney.
Anyway, e-mail me if you get a chance. littlemp at gmail dot com

 
At 29/6/06 6:20 AM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Yeah!! Another fellow Louisiana knitter! I am from there too orginally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home