.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Done!!



I finally finished something!


This is my version of the "Old Shale Lace Triangle Shawl" from the Summer '08 issue of Spin Off. The first thing I changed is that I used thicker yarn than called for in the pattern and mine is store-bought sock yarn instead of handspun lace. It is a fairly simple pattern and I plan to spin up enough of my alpaca into a lighter weight and have enough yardage to make another. The pattern is by Evelyn Clark and starts from the top down-a helpful thing if you're using handspun and aren't sure you'll have enough. It has the option to work a plain -jane bind off or a picot edge. And since the pattern is kind of plain, it makes a really good showcase typ shawl for a gorgeous handspun or handpaint-there's not alot of fussiness in the pattern that would take away from the yarn itself.


In non-knitting, I'm THIS CLOSE to talking the Husband into acquiring a milk goat or two. Why should any child growing up in the country be deprived of the experience of raising animals? It could prove to be a bit more work than I am prepared for, but I am doing my homework and he has prior experience with goats so maybe it won't be so bad. You realize of course that the goats are probably just a jumping off point for me to talk him into other small farm animals. There is an underlying motive and I am not about to blow my cover just yet. A hint?

Oh come on. Like he could say no to that? Don't you think it's a good plan?

1 Comments:

At 28/6/08 8:53 AM, Blogger Susan Luni said...

Like, ummm, goat cheese? I like that, but I'm not so sure about goat's milk.
Maybe if you have to stick with goats you could have a couple of angora goats and raise a little mohair. Texas is like the mohair capitol, and you're not far from there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home