.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Playin' With My Toys






So what do you do with your brand new handspun? Why you dunk it in the Koolaid flavor of your choice, of course.

Bright sunlight makes the colrs look kind of washed out, but they are much brighter thatn that without being too obnoxious. Lime Koolaid and Berry Blue. You really don't want to get either on your clothes, trust me. The second shot gives you an idea of how chunky the yarn is. I have about 150 yards of it all spun up and dyed and now I don't know what I'm going to do with it! I bought one of those one or two skein pattern books, so maybe I'll pick something from that. Or maybe I'll just put it on Ebay and hope that somebody with more imagination than me can come up with something.


On a totally different 'note':


That's my honey there on the left with the banjo. They had a 'to do' out at the D'Arbonne state park over the weekend. It was a Dutch oven cookoff and there were some demonstrations and lots of food and of course the entertainment. Me and the Tot think Dad's pretty talented, but the rest of group he plays with is too, and take my word for it, you can only listen to a banjo solo for so long before your nerves fray to pieces. But it was a wonderful weekend and we all slept great after being out in the sunshie all day Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home