.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sucker






I am. I know I have a soft spot for critters and I don't have a problem with it. I didn't know it's hereditary, but apparently it is. See?
So I gifted the Tot with a stray kitten. It was very enchanting the way her eyes lit up when she said "He's mine forever?" My heart melted and the only hesitation I had was the part where we had to tell Daddy. Hmm. His only misgivings are kitty messes in the house. Other than that, he's kind of a sucker too.
He's a bit fond of the little black fur ball too. He will not admit to anymore than 'fondness', but he is taking our new baby to the vet for me.


And since the Tot was occupied with hew new friend, I got to knit. Still having a good time with the Schafer, but I took a break from little bitty needles to finish up the sleeveless sweater I started right after Christmas. It's from the Vogue Quick Knits book and made with Knit Picks' Vacation in Melon. (it's really orange) That's the yarn my awesome brother-in-law got me for Christmas. It's knitted on US11's or 13's. It went really fast and I should have been done with it ages ago-way before it even got hot enough to be going sleeveless. Should have, would have, could have.............the finishing was horrible though! This is a very splitty yarn and it was held double throughout, so there were like a billion ends to weave in. It's drying on top of the washer now, and it weight about a ton when it was wet. I may put in the sryer for a few minutes to speed up the drying. It's Tactel and Nylon with a little cotton and acryllic, so I don't think a few minutes is going to hurt. Maybe it will even out the stitches a little too. Maybe I can get the husband to take a picture of me wearing it. This pattern had wonderful shaping-which is good since such a thick knit sould look really bulky if it's the wrong shape. It hangs very nicely too and clings a little where it should. Depending on how it comes out of the dryer and whether or not it's dry enough in the morning, I plan on wearing it with either a khaki skirt or black pants tomorrow. I really, really, really hope it'll dry fast!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home