.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Have Some Pie

Last week was crazy busy tyring to get ahead a little at work so I could take off this week. Needless to say, there was not a whole lot of knitting. Mommy was not happy about that. But looking ahead to this week, and knowing that there would be some of that good waiting-room knit time in store made it bearable. I've got the first 'pie-wedge' and about half of a second done on the Lorna's Laces Free and Easy Pie Wedge Shawl:
I'm lovin' the pooling. It's random but not too concentrated in any one place. I am fully aware that I will have absolutely nothing to wear it with when I'm done because it looks like a smashed watermelon. I do not care. I will wear it anyway because I adore the colors.


And I wouldn't want to mislead anybody into thinking that I work for a bunch of slave-drivers. I actually think I have some of the coolest employers ever-especially considering I work at a bank. We've been having different themes each week. It's a morale-booster and promotes comraderie with the people you spend most of your waking hours with on a daily basis. (it also promotes a bit of competitiveness, but that's part of the fun) Last week was a 50's theme and we had a Bazooka bubble gum bubble-blowing contest which I did not win:

See? I think you need jaws of steel to chew that stuff. Or maybe I'm just not in tune with my competitive spirit as much as I need to be. I also did not win the hula-hoop contest the week before. But it was fun!

1 Comments:

At 16/5/07 7:23 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

That sounds like fun!
You could wear it to the Watermelon Festival! ;)
Have you ever met a manager from one of the branches in Monroe named Teresa? I work with her hubby and she is a total sweetie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home