.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Yarn Fridge?

I've been un-blogged so long I forgot about all the neat new yarny stuff! This is an old ice box rescued from my grandmother's house. I have always loved it and I always knew that one day I would have a place for it in my own house. Granna used to keep paper plates, napkins, cups, and plastic utensils in it. We knew when she started packing up stuff from in there that we were about to have a good time picnicing at the lake. So now it holds yarn, pattern books, needles, and other good knitty type stuff. It's not big, so it doesn't hold much. It's red, so it doesn't go with anything in the house. It's got a few dings, so it's not perfect. But it's a tiny little piece of my childhood that I can keep in my living room and have as a part of everyday adult life and add good things to it along the way. (and also my husband hates it, so that's just a thorny little bonus to go with the deer head on the wall above it).

1 Comments:

At 3/5/07 6:48 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

You just gave me an idea. Deer head number 2 is coming to live with us shortly and to say the least, I'm pissed. So, I'm thinking some cute clear containers of yarn will be just the trick to display all around the deer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home