.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Crafty Heiffer

Didn't I tell you they were cute? And how 'bout these:
I think I'm falling in love with my embroidery machine again. Not that I'm abandoning the knitting. But the cool thing about the machine is that I can just kind of sit and monitor it, change the thread colors when it tells me to, and while its doing its magic thing, I can knit! I had the most fun this past weekend doing just that. And my mom cam over Sunday afternoon and I helped her with the bedskirt we're re-working for the Tot's 'big girl' bed. And did I tell you about the 1/4" hemmer? I forgot how much fun that little gadget is! All you have to do is feed the fabric through the presser foot and it neatly curls it under and stitches it down to make a very tidy 1/4 inch seam. I can't believe I forgot about that.

I didn't pick up a starving Tot today after school. But I did get a worn out one. I signed her out at 5:05 and she was asleep by 5:10. Husband thinks this might be a problem. He's crazy. Do not listen to the crazy man. A nap after a long day is every adult's fantasy. The Tot did turn into a bottomless pit as soon as we got home though. I heard a rumor that this type of behavior has been known to last through to the college years. Please tell me it was a rumor. 15 more years of that? Holy cow! And she's so small.

2 Comments:

At 30/8/06 6:20 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Those are so cute! Men are nuts...I bet you are enjoying the naps.

 
At 31/8/06 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm coming over to your house to woo your embroidery machine away from you. What does it like? Fancy thread? Nice electricity? I have really yummy electricity at my house.
I love those barnyard towels!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home