.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Acryllic?

Yeah, but you can't really fault the fiber choices of the very young. They don't understand any more than husbands do, so I'm cheatin' on the wool this weekend.

This will be a throw pillow for the Tot's new bed. One day. I also did a little dyeing and even though my pictures didn't turn out great, my yarn did.
This is Superwash merino that I got from Stick Chick's Etsy shop. I'll try to find the link and post it on the sidebar. She's got some really nice stuff. And a pretty good selection of undyed yarn too. She also had some roving, but I'm pretty well stocked up on that for now. I dyed a little of the light worsted I got on Ebay, but this picture most definitely isn't true to color. It's really a pretty combination with the blue-green and purple. I re-skeined it after it dried and I liked the color mix alot better. I also ran it through the yardage meter and I think it's enough for a scarf if I decide to keep it (380 yds). I can't wait to see what it looks like knitted up.

It looks kind of brown and tourquoise here, doesn't it? Hmm, I think I like that color combination too.

1 Comments:

At 8/8/06 7:30 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I absolutely LOVE the yellow/orange yarn. It's so sunny!
The brown/green (turquoise) yarn is gorgeous too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home