.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Still Knittin'

I started out making those 'Heel-less Sleeping Socks' from the Vintage Socks book, but I decided to install a heel anyway. I'm going to attempt to do an after-thought heel. I'll let you know how this turns out. I've also been doing a bit of kool-aid dyeing. I haven't had the chance to knit any of my own hand-dyed stuff yet except for test-swatching. Most of it has sold on E-bay. Maybe I'll be greedy and keep a little for myself next time. I'd love to have a little shawl with the blue and green.

The Tot and I had a grand time at the Watermelon Festival yesterday. I think the parade was much better than last year, or maybe I just enjoyed watching it more because the Tot is big enough to chase after candy with the other children now. We don't have so many arts and crafts anymore though. I remember all the stuff they used to have-woodworkers, candle and soap makers, quilters, and lots more. Now it's mostly junk. But still, there were a few booths with some handcrafts and of course there were plenty of places to get some really yummy-bad-for-your-tummy treats. The Tot had her first funnel cake. And alligator on a stick. And lemonade. Oh, and some candy from the parade loot bag.

Alka-seltzer anyone?

1 Comments:

At 31/7/06 9:07 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Funnel cake and alligator on a stick. Does it get any better than that??
Glad y'all had a good time.
I've noticed that the festivals I've went to lately have turned into junk dealers too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home