.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Monday, August 28, 2006

You Are My Sunshine

Don't get me wrong, I am most grateful for the rain we've been getting the past few days. A little sunshine would be helpful if I'm going to have any pictures to post this week though. I have some machine embroidery to show off. I got me a new pattern disk and I love it! Farm animals, of course. And barns. How quaint, huh? Oh, and did I mention the sheep? And the goat? And the jack-ass? I can see that one coming in handy on some Husband boxers or something.

Anyway, I did some cute little dish towels for a gift basket. I think they look nice.

So today was the Tot's first FULL day of school. I really, really like this school. You know how she napped after the first day? She slept ALL THE WAY HOME today. 45 MINUTES!!! And, she went to bed at 8:00. Woo Hoo! Okay, the sleeping isn't the only thing I like about her school, but it is a huge mark in the positive column. But I am curious, did God pre-program all young children to respond the same way after a few hours away from their parents? "I'm hungry!" Not "I'm so happy to see you!" or "How was your day?". Okay, so sometimes I do get "I'm so happy to see you!" closely followed by "I'm hungry!". But GEEZ!!! You'd think she's starving to death all the time. I can hardly imagine what it will be like when she gets some size to her and can open the fridge by herself. Good grief! She ate half a ham and cheese sandwich when she got in the truck (before the nap) and started eating again as soon as we got in the house. (there was a short break in the eating during bathtime too, but it didn't even last long enough to get her dressed again before she was back at the table) The metabolism of the very young is amazing, isn't it?

2 Comments:

At 29/8/06 7:05 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I hear ya about the rain. I'm getting tired of it, but I feel bad for saying so. You're making me kinda look forward to when Little Man starts school!
Bit of trivia, do you know where the writer of the song in your title is from?

 
At 29/8/06 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess all kids respond the same to their mom--"I'm hungry". I heard it a lot with great urgency when my daughter was small, then later still. I think it finally stopped when she called one day from college with a long rant about everything and ended with, "and mom, I'm huuungry!"
After a small silence, I told her, "Honey, I can't fix you something to eat from thousands of miles away." I guess that finally got through to her, I haven't heard it since.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home