.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Sweet Anne


I got the Schaefer Anne about a week ago and the first thing I did (after putting it on the ball winder) was head to Hobby Lobby and bought all the size zero needles they had in stock. Straight and circular. Oh come on, they were on sale at half price. What knitter wouldn't have made the same choice if put in my position? Besides, I ended up with only three or four sets of straights and a couple of pairs of circs. In size zero anyway. I also picked up a few US#1 and 2 circs. I might need a couple of extras since I have all this sock yarn that needs to be knitted up. The Anne needed to be knitted right away, emergency-like. You know how it is. This stuff is unbelievably soft, with a little bit of shine to it. Of course I don't do good pictures, so you can't get the full effect of the gorgeous mix of pinks and a little touch of orange, but trust me, it's totally worth $27 a skein! If they don't have any at the KnitHappens online store, call them. Nice people. They pick good yarn. I actually wanted something else when I called, but they didn't have it in stock, so I said, "just pick me something pink for socks". Variegated, solid or hand-paint? I don't care, as long as it's pink. I ended up with color #937. Hey there color 937, I think I love you! I'm using one of the men's patterns from Vintage Socks book-gentlemen's half hose. I think I will love my finished socks too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home