.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Small Projects



It feels good to finish something-anything-no matter how small. I got a couple of cotton washcloths finished yesterday and today for baby gifts to go with a little handmade goatmilk soap. And there will be a couple more too.

I had planned on knitting alot yesterday at the park where the Tot went with her class on a field trip. Instead of knitting, there were swings and lot of little people who needed to be pushed. Apparently, I'm a good pusher. But I did get some waiting-room knitting done today and got the second washcloth done. Oh, by the way, the Husband had a little minor surgery on Monday and gifted me with all this lovely waiting-room time this week. It almost makes up for the whiney at-home-ineedanothericepack-andsinceyou'reupcanyoubringmeanotherblahblahblahblah-time. Almost.


When I need a break I walk around the yard and ogle my daylillies. I usually do this with a ball of yarn tucked under my arm (sometimes a beer).


It's a shame that I can't remember most of thier names. I think I put little metal stakes under them when planted them, or maybe I meant to and never did, I don't know. There are some of my favorites, and then there's the native daylillies and the little Stellas too and a couple of others. The dark pink ones in the second picture are actually more like purple in the mornings and fade through the day until they're almost pale pink by sunset. They are my most favorite and bloom profusely for a few weeks. They seem to be multiplying pretty good too!

1 Comments:

At 21/5/07 8:05 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm in the mood for quick knits here lately also.
There is an awesome daylilly farm in Vernon, LA. They have some gorgeous ones (and could probably tell you what you have also)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home