.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Thursday, September 27, 2007

More Yarn?

"Yes, more yarn." I told my husband. "But you already have yarn. I thought you said you weren't buying anymore for a while." And here is where I had to go into my lesson about the difference between 'wool' and 'yarn' and explain to him that roving for spinning doesn't really count since it's not yarn until I make it yarn. It made perfect sense to me. Until he said "but why do you need to MAKE yarn when you could just buy it already made?" And that's usually the part where I come back with something related to his passion for the outdoors (hunting specifically). Like "why do you want to kill a deer with a bow if it's easier with a gun?" or "why do we need another entire carcass of deer meat in the freezer when the grocery store is so close?" And of course I'm just picking with him, because I understand why you do something the hard way instead of the easy way-the love of it and not much more than that. It's pretty simple. He does what he does the way he does it because he just loves to do it. And so do I.


It's pretty yummy stuff too. Soft and lofty. Not sure if I would know what to knit with it. But I did pick up a couple of new books this past weekend at Booksamillion, so I may have a few ideas. If I decide to keep it for myself, that is. I really do have plenty of yarn already, I don't want to be a hog. (well, I do, but that's not nice.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home