.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Not Purple

But still pretty I think-kind of patriotic huh?

I weighed out two one-ounce bundles and dyed one with strawberry koolaid and the other with berry blue. The color was very intense on the roving and muted considerably after it was spun up. It didn't blend into purple or any shade there of like I thought it might. I still like it though.


Then there's the ready made commercial yarn knitting:

Not that theres been much of that going on-my main weekday knitting time used to be my lunch breaks, but they are getting shorter and shorter. And I can't knit at home and let the unspun roving get jealous...
And speaking of roving, I just got this sample of Alpaca/Romney blend from North Valley Farm. I'll put in a link when time allows. I'm debating over which one should come live with me. I like the blue because it's got an little sparkley stuff in it-not something I wouls normally pick. The grey has some sparkley too. The lilac is nice, and so is the pink. I definitely have to get the stuff I already have sup up so I can get more than one of these. This farm also sells thier processed lambs for meat. I have a few other pictures to post, but not enough time right now. Oh and the Tot has new dresses-sewn by mommy of course! I will post those when I am able to get her to pose properly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home