.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Monday, September 05, 2005

Unfettered Knitting

This is not a usual thing for us. I realize children spend nights and even whole weekends with their grandparents all the time. And it's not like they're that far away-about a 15 minute drive. No big deal, and everybody says that moms and dads need some time away. away? away from what? So here I have a whole day to myself, I could be knitting, cleaning house, or whatever, and what am I doing? Right, worrying and wondering if I should call and check on them. (the Husband wouldn't let me call last night, he swore that if she turned on them or they went to the emergency room or anything they'd call us first, oh yeah, THAT'S reassuring!) We could have done anything we wanted to last night, but we mostly sat around and talked about how quiet it is around here.

So how much actual knitting have I done? Surprisingly little, or not surprising, whatever. But still, I can if I want to. Or I could go vaccuum the living room. Or put on a load of laundry. Yep, I'll get right on that, just as soon as I get done sitting around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home