.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I'm Still Here

I don't know if I'm coming or going most of the time, but I'm here somewhere. And I have been knitting a little. Enough to finish a plain fuzzy black scarf some one requested. It was fun and really fast on US13 needles. And who knew WalMart had their own line of novelty yarn? It was gratifying to finish a project even if it was something so easy........well, it was easy. (I was going to say so easy that my mother could do it, but I think she reads this sometimes. Hi Mom) I've also done a little knitting on some ME stuff. The Kiri shawl with KnitPicks Shimmer-still in progress. The 'Plain Black Socks' in KnitPicks Essential-also still in progress and very close to finishing ONE. I still think 1x1 ribbing in black yarn of any kind is the most boring thing ever, but I carry it around anyway in case I need something easy/boring to keep my hands busy or occupy some time when it wouldn't be prudent to drag out the Kiri. Oh, and I would have taken a picture of the progress on Kiri, but it looks alot like the last picture only a slightly larger pile of yarn. And the sock doesn't get a picture either since one black sock looks alot like every other black sock ever knitted.

Oh, and I retract my reccommendation for Ardith Keef. The Peace Fleece needles I ordered for my mom's Christmas present back in NOVEMBER never came. I finally called to ask what was up since I knew they would be back-ordered until December 9th, but now it's January and I haven't heard from them. No e-mail, no nothin'. I hate that. I knew orders would take a while to ship during the holidays and they had some bad weather up there too, but a little communication isn't too much to ask, is it? Bad customer service=me cancelling an order and shopping elsewhere from now on. So I'm going to go check out Ebay and see if I can find some pretty needles that would make a new knitter happy.

1 Comments:

At 16/2/08 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are even better reasons not to buy from ardithkeef.com. Check out The Truth About Anchor Missionary Felowship.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home