.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Felted?

Or just felt? I wonder if that's right? Would somebody who felts alot think I myself had made felt when I had actually only felt felt? Would somebody who never felted before think I was a little off if they overheard a discussion on felt. I feel they might. Who's on first?

This used to be a box of navaho churro wool from Walks Far Acres farm. Then it became my first attempt at spinning. Then it turned into a dyeing experiment. Then it hatched into an actual project. I crocheted a little bag and made and i-cord handle for it and then began the felting process. Keep in mind that this was my first try and I know nothing about which types of wool felt the best. I don't know that much about spinning yet either for that matter. This turned out to be a very coarse wool, you wouldn't want it on your skin, trust me. I don't know how the sheep themselves could stand it. But it was a good, fairly inexpensive wool to learn with. And it did dye pretty much as expected, so I don't have any legitimate complaints. And the finished project? Well, what do you think? It's just about the right size for a sock-in-progress or for a Tot-tote.
Kind of cute, isn't it? And in other knitting news..................there isn't much. Well, I probably could have the Kiri shawl done today, but it will need some blocking before it's ready to be seen. We'll see how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home