.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Decisions, decisions

Okay, what do you do when your favorite two sets of size 1 dpns are currently held hostage by a terribly boring unfinished black sock? I guess the practical thing to do would be hurry and finish those so you can move on to more exciting yarn and new patterns. Screw practical! I want pretty, stripey, colorful yummy yarn! I was given permission from the man of the house to purchase myself a couple more sets of US #1 dpns, but the only place I can sometimes get them around here is Hobby Lobby which is closed on Sundays. I really want bamboo anyway, and they don't have those. I may give in and place an order for some, but I'll still have to suffer the wait, and you know, I'm not so sure how long those delicate #1 bamboos would last around here anyway.

I thought I might distract myself with a new pattern book. And just what did I get that may motivate me to finish the black socks and liberate my #1's? Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush. I should really be ashamed of my lack of self control, I'm not, but I should be. I'm happy. It's cold outside and I have hot chocolate, a movie for the Tot and a whole chapter on toe and heel techniques to entertain me. If Black Sock behaves itself, I might let it sit next to me while I read. I might even knit a few rows on it if the mood strikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home