.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Oh, Merino, How Do I Love Thee?


Let me count the yards. Well, I would if I had one of those nifty yardage meters, but for now, I'll have to guess. I know it's about 4 ounces of maybe worsted weight. And I know I love this color and I wish I had some more. But it's probably best that I don't since I couldn't even spin these two spindles the same. I'd hate to imagine what a third might turn out like. The first was beautiful, and the second, while still nice, a little overspun. I suppose I could ply them together and make a chunky yarn, but I'm partial to singles for some reason. I bought a spinning book from GirlReaction. So maybe next time, my spinning will come out resembling real yarn! Now I just have to wait until it tells me what it wants to be . I think it wants to be a pair of dog sweaters, but we'll wait for it to 'age' a while before we commit. Well, we might swatch tonight, but that's all. Really, I swear. I'm still intent on finishing the lilac alpaca shawl by mid-week. You never know, I might finish it by then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home