.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Roving, roving, roving...

You know it's time to clean out when your toddler looks at your stash and says "Wow, look at all this mess!" So, tonight after everybody goes to bed, I will make an honest effort to sort some of my stuff.

I know I've got some merino roving that needs to turn into yarn, so maybe I'll get the wheel out and work on that. It's not much and shouldn't take long. I haven't had the wheel out in a while anyway, and this stuff is really fun to handle, and a pretty color too. It's kind of black-cherry-ish. Hard to tell from this picture, I know.

I would like to be able to spin my own laceweight, but I haven't had much success with that yet. Although I'm holding off on buying anything new until I get finished with a few projects, I still look. And I found some really pretty laceweight on E-bay yesterday. I think it was a rayon or silk blend. I tried not to look at it too long or I would have talked myself into it, but I will definitely be hunting up some of that before too long. Maybe I could just go look at it again. Just to see how much it's going for you know. But it had such a beautiful sheen to it. Maybe I'll just get enough for one shawl. As a gift for somebody else. Yeah, right. I guess I'll have a couple of skeins of that by the end of the month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home