.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Assembly Required


I started one of the patterns from the Vintage Sock book. I like it, but sometimes I need something that doesn't require me to pay such close attention. (still haven't found the perfect knitting-while-driving project) So the black ones are still hanging around the knitbag. Just in case I need to be bored. And I set myself a dead-line to finish the black ones.

The Knit Picks Simple Stripes is perfect for some of the less fussy patterns, it makes plain ribbing more interesting to knit. I didn't realize how bad that turned out. The colors are kind of a sherbet orange, maize yellow, and a light turquoise-ish. It uses a k6,p1,k2,p1 rib pattern below16 rows of 2x2 rib on the cuff. This one's going to take a while. I may need to re-think black sock's planned finish date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home