.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Saturday, February 25, 2006

'Simple' Ribbed Socks


The pattern really is pretty simple, and I've decided to actually follow the pattern this time too. Except for not doing a gauge swatch. And only making ankle socks, because the rib pattern used got a little tedious and well, boring. Oh, and since I didn't check gauge, they're not going to fit me. Maybe somebody with daintier feet? The pattern as written should make a women's size 8-9 sock, but the same pattern as knitted by me gives me about a 5, no bigger than a 6. And I really hate that, because I love, love, love this yarn. I might have enough left to make one of the men's patterns and only do ankle socks with those, and I think they'd fit okay. Anyway, I'm still lovin' the KnitPicks Simple Stripes, and I'm enjoying the patterns from my Vintage Socks book too. Making up your own patterns is fun, but the habit I have of not checking gauge seems to cause more problems than it's worth. Not that using a pattern makes that problem go away, but it helps if you have the pattern writer to blame instead of just cursing yourself as you rip out row after carefully planned row.

Okay, so I'm well down the road to finishing one of these stripey socks, and I finally finished ONE Black Sock. No picture. It's a black sock, use your imagination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home