.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Thursday, September 22, 2005

An Experiment

Okay, my pictures are uploading all double and weird, so I don't have anything to show you. But I HAD a couple of skeins of my handspun that I dyed pink a while back. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with it, so it's been lounging around. Well, I think it wants to be felted. It's not a very soft wool at all, but it dyed pretty good (for my first try) and spun easily enough, so I'll probably get some more later on. That is IF it felts okay. I've never tried felting before, but I have found some good references online, and I think I got it. You pretty much just wash it like you would your favorite expensive wool sweater if you wanted to ruin it. Right? Yeah, I can do that. So what am I going to make out of it? Definitely not anything to wear-way to scratchy for that. If it works, I'll show it off. If it doesn't, I'll pretend it never happened and it will never be mentioned again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home