.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Stark Raving Mad

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe,
She had so many sock projects she didn't know what to do.
So she checked into a local assylum so people would leave her alone and she could just knit. Besides, her room at the assylum was much bigger than the shoe.

This one needs a mate:


And this one needs to be started, but I haven't even picked a pattern yet, so no rush I guess. Most likely I'll pick another rib pattern that I don't really care for but use because it makes the yarn look good. Oh the things a knitter will do to keep the yarn happy.


The magic hasn't worn off with this one yet, but it's still the first sock. I don't think it shows up that good, but can you see the subtle diamond pattern? It's not glaringly obvious, that's probably why I like it so much.


And then there's these:


I don't think I need to go into a tirade about Black Socks again. So what if I'm getting my new Black Sock Yarn and this jumps into my shopping cart? Or this? I will try to be careful, but who knows what else might end up in my mailbox if I try to just order plain black yarn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home