.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Stop Right There!

I should just frog now and start over.

I'm not sure exactly how this happened except that maybe the second ball of yarn was wound opposite from the first one. And I was so careful to cut the blue in the same places on each ball so that my socks would stripe evenly. I don't think this is good knitting mojo. The different stripes I can live with, but I feel sure that there will be some other stumbling block with this pair.

So far, this one is still going well.

The diamond patterning is slowing me down a bit, but it has a nice effect. Besides, I'd be slow anyway. I also like the short-row heel technique on this one alot better than what was used on the striped socks. I'm hoping to finish this by the end of the week, immediately cast on for the mate, and work dilligently on the Second Striped Sock. I was just thinking how the heels don't really feel or fit all that different on these even thought they look nothing alike. I might could substitute short-row heel shaping on some of the other patterns. I just like the look of it better. But I'll save that idea for later since I do not need to start anything else until I finish a few of these. Or at least finish one.

1 Comments:

At 9/4/06 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a post recently in the LJ knitting community about skeins of sock yarn being wound from the opposite ends. Apparently it's not uncommon, and there was some who thought it was deliberate. No one knew how to tell by just looking at the skein. I think it's just too bad.
OTOH, I like both the color and the pattern in the 2nd pair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home