.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Summer Socks


Finally! A whole pair! See the strange heel thing with that weird seam detail? It's not so bad. I thought it would make them terribly uncomfortable, but they're not. In fact, the only thing I'd do different it maybe make them a little bit longer before decreasing for the toe, and I might would go up a needle size too. They're snug. The opposite stripey thing I can live with, and I think I'm going to intentionally make the next pair not match up. I have reconciled my dislike of that characteristic just because I still really, really, like everything else about the yarn. Okay, pattern specs-Simple Ribbed Socks from Nancy Bush's Vintage Sock book, the yarn is (whast else?) Knit Picks Simple Stripes (don't ask me which color), and I used the same needle size specified in the pattern-US#1's. I did not swatch, therefore, snug socks. Lesson learned. (not really, I started another pair today and did not swatch for those either. yes, they may not fit. this is a hobby. who cares.)

Since I had so much fun with the dyeing, I ordered some more yarn to dye. And this time, there will be laceweight. Yum! Both of the skeins of sock yarn I did last week and put on Ebay are out of the house, so I get to buy some more. I'm thinking about keeping the laceweight. I don't need it, but........it's pretty and I want it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home