.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Friday, May 05, 2006

WHAAAAA!

It's Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival time and I want to go! I will most likely be retired before I ever get to go, so I'll have to be content to whine about it.

I think it's also fund-raising season for many charities.
Claudia's got a cool thing going. My place of employment participates in several. Currently, we're centered on Med Camps of Louisiana, an organization that sponsors summer camps for special needs children. And we're going to be wrapping up our Relay For Life campaign in a couple of weeks. ***WARNING: Shameless promotion follows*** Our last 'big' fund-raiser for the Relay is our garage sale on Saturday. We've had lots of items donated for this (some nice stuff too and I think it'll turn out pretty well even if it rains. If anybody semi-local is interested we're going to be located at Community Trust Bank on Main Street in Farmerville, LA. We'd appreciate it!

Now for the knitty stuff. There ain't much. I did this last week:

That's 880 yards of laceweight merino hand-dyed by me. With koolaid. It's actually not that pale a blue, maybe a little more tourquoise-ish. But very nice I think. And it goes great with my new book. Lavish Lace by Carol Rasmussen and Cheryl Potter. Beautiful. I already practiced on this:



It should make up for the empty, sheep-festival-less place in my summer. (sigh)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home