.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Expanding My Family

Not literally, just the yarny part of it. Look what came to live with me:

Meet Knit Picks Shimmer in Happy Dance colorway. It's 80% alpaca (what did you expect?) and 20% silk. The other yarns seem to like it, but I haven't let them spend much time alone together yet. You have to be careful when adopting a new yarn to make sure that you don't let it get lonely. So I have been spending time with it and trying to make it feel welcome in our home. I have also taken it to meet some of it's new family. Happy Dance seems to be settling in nicely.


The Tot is perusing yarn catalogs with Mr. Bear:

"Yes, yes, I know your tie is blue, but I really think you should wear more green, it brings out the brown in your eyes." I wonder what kind of tastes in yarn she'll have?

I have a truck load of planty things that need some attention this afternoon. I'd hate to have spent all that time digging stuff up just to kill it with my laziness. Perhaps the Great Tot-ly One will allow me to have a brief nap before I get into that. Then again, you're never to young to learn how to accept a monetary bribe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home