.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Christmas?

How many days is that away? You're joking, right? HOLY COW!!! A couple of cousins got nifty new scarves last year, and I was going to try to gift a couple more with hand knitted scarves or hats this year. I'm afraid it's not gonna happen. I could cheat and do some on the knitting machine and then crochet some cutesy picot edgings on them or something. That's better than no gifties at all.

I have made pretty decent progress on my Kiri shawl, but not so much that it's worth another bad picture with the cat hogging the lens. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the month so I can do something else. I like the way the Kiri pattern looks when it's done, but I also like the idea of a shawl that starts at the longest side and gets smaller and smaller and smaller........
I might not do another one that knits up like this since I'm impatient and easily frustrated. Then again, I'm also forgetful and easily persuaded by pretty yarns, so you never know. I could easily end up doing another Birch, but I'm still stalled on the one I started in black alpaca. I don't know if the pattern got boring or if it really was the black yarn. I really, really need to do that one by Christmas, because I promised it to somebody. I really, really need to shut up more often too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home