.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sam Knits

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Still Not Knitting

This week has really just been, well, I'm not sure exactly how to describe it. Suffice it to say that the needles have not been picked up in two days, and Mama's gettin' a little cranky. I had big plans to knit the cousins each a lovely scarf for Christmas, but I haven't even had time to get out the knitting machine, much less do any hand knitting. I will have some of that waiting room knit-time tomorrow morning, so that might appease me for the time being.

Work has been extremely busy and there are lots of things that need to be done in the next month or so. It's not so bad except that all of it really needs to be done RIGHT NOW! But things will settle down in time and I will calm myself with some knitting after I put the Tot in bed tonight so that I won't have to kill anybody before the weekend. I might be able to make a couple of odd socks before Christmas and call them stockings (I can't knit two socks just alike anyway, so with a few candy canes and a pretty ribbon, who's gonna' question whether or not it was intended to have a mate?) Doesn't that sound like a good plan?

By the way, I'm ignoring the fact that it is almost Halloween on purpose. That is my sister's birthday and I have finished nothing for her either. SHAME ON ME!! I haven't forgotten the tiny cardi for the wee one due in January though. I'm not that bad a sister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home